Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Martin Biron Is Ready For The Season!!

One of the newest New York Rangers, Martin Biron recently did an interview with Dan David of newyorkrangers.com.  He had alot to say in this interview and sheds some good insight.  Biron could be a huge asset to this team if he plays his role right as the Rangers had a difficult time finding a suitablr replacement when Hank needed a rest.  With a stable backup goalie the Rangers won't have to worry about resting Lundqvist a little more and giving him much needed time off.  Here is some of what Biron had to say:

"I think the Rangers organization and their track record of being competitive is something that you look for as a player," Biron said. "I didn't want to be in the position that I was in last summer of expecting something to happen on July 1 and then not signing until the end of July. This year, I was looking to find some stability and wanted to move my whole family somewhere for longer than one year, and the Rangers definitely were open to that idea."

Join me after this to hear more from Biron......
"I have a chance to go and work with a guy like Lundqvist that I have battled many, many times over the past few years." Biron said. "It's going to be fun to work with him."

Biron and his family, which includes four young children, spent much of this summer hunting for a home in the New York area. One of the people who helped him in this quest was Rangers captain Chris Drury, who was Biron's teammate in Buffalo for nearly four full years between 2003 and 2007.


"I've texted Chris and talked to him a couple of times. My wife has been on the phone with his wife practically every other day for the past month," Biron said. "They know each other really well."

The Drury family's assistance in the house-hunting process has been no surprise to Biron, who lived a short drive from Drury when the two were with the Sabres. Helping a teammate get settled in a new city is just the sort of thing a good captain might do.

"He (Drury) was a great influence when he came into Buffalo. His leadership and the fact that he won the Stanley Cup and the way that he conducts himself as a professional and as a captain just speaks very well of his character," Biron said. "It is really good to have the support system people like him have been able to give me to come in to a new city and a new organization."

"We'll be there full-time, including the summer," Biron said of his new house. "I've got four kids, and the oldest is 6, so he'll be in school for first grade next year. We're expecting to make the move and really enjoy our time over there."


Biron said he and his wife knew they would not be moving the family all the way into Manhattan, even though many of his new Rangers teammates currently live in the city.

"We're more country kind of people," he said with a chuckle when asked about choosing to live in Westchester. "We'll go down and visit the city, and have a lot of fun doing that, but we'll go back to the wide open spaces and the quiet life of the suburbs, I guess."

"Last year, the Rangers got off to a great start, and that (conditioning) had a lot to do with it," he said. "I'll be ready for it. Right now it's still a work in progress, but I've tried to commit to following a program and getting a personal trainer here with me. In this month of August, and moving into the first couple of weeks in September, I'll be moving into the area and be able to be at the practice facility every day to work with the training and conditioning staff over there. I'll have to make little adjustments moving forward, but I think it's going to be really good."

This is just a portion of Dan's article but for the full article click here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment